- 3 lbs tomatoes, blanched for 3 minutes then skinned
- 2 onions, diced then cooked for about 7 minutes
- 10 cloves of garlic, diced and cooked with onion
- 1 lb 1 oz Anaheim peppers, roasted, skinned, seeded, diced
- ¼ cup Kosher salt, blended (I would maybe use 3 Tablespoons and check first, not decided)
- 1 tablespoon Mexican seasoning, blended (I used this for the cumin)
I then blended everything together in the blender, and cooked for 15-20 minutes.
I heated the jars and lids in about an inch of boiling water, and put salsa in jars.
I did not water bath, the lids sealed just fine.
I also used a kitchen funnel to put the salsa in jars to keep the rim of the jar clean.
If you would like a spicier salsa either add jalapeños, or use a different pepper.
It made 4-5 pints.
- Thanks to our Facebook follower, Angela Krueger-Geneus, for this recipe!