- 2 plump garlic cloves, blanched for a couple mins, peeled, halved
- 2 cups fresh peas (I blanched for 7 mins – personal preference )
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 cups buttermilk, shaken to blend
- In food processor, mince the garlic.
- Add the peas, salt and buttermilk and puree to a smooth liquid.
- Serve in bowls or small cups garnished with mint, cilantro or fennel fronds.
- Store without garnish in ‘fridge up to 3 days.
The Patricia Wells recipe calls for raw garlic, but I do not particularly like raw garlic in a cold item, so I blanched it. She doesn’t blanch the peas at all; I like them cooked a bit.
- Kathleen Combs Leverett